Friday, September 4, 2015

Bah!!
This'll be one of the 'umpteenth dozen' blog attempts I have pecked away at. I guess now that I have my book on the market, I shall have to continue on!
Most of you will notice that it is under my wife's account. Be assured:I am not ghost writing for V, I just couldn't figure out how to use the same (shared) email and make a separate account (doh!).
 
     Actually, I don't think there'll be any issues with keeping this baby going. I think my "crap-meter" (used to alert others as to peripheral danger) is hammering the meter's arm to the "look out! It's full; he's ready to blow!" area on the dial (from observing too much left wing/politically crap).
Seriously, I am just coming off a rant in front of my wife as the absolute futile activity of trying to change someone's mind over ANY internet platform. Right now the poor girl is propped up in bed like the cadaver in Weekend At Bernie's" except she'll cough every once in a while. Not the end to our Florida vacation we were hoping for.
Anyways, trying to shed a little light on people in a public internet forum is like trying to peal back an eyelid with concrete oven mitts on. It's hard, heavy and painful and chances that these keyboard commandoes will concede on anything in front of their friends in cyberspace are ridiculously low....like low low (really low).
And then, YES then, they try and school YOU on your expertise; quickly rattling off stupid quotes from other doubters (quotes that they have cut and paste from some angry nobodies site).
     How do I get sucked into this each time?? I tell the Mrs, "Heck! I ain't doing that again! They don't even read my responses!!" And then I see some poor sap on my FBook friends list being computer jacked by some group of internet Coyotes, lunging in every three minutes for a chomp in between their rounds of Wii U Mario Cart. SO! I am filled with compassion, assist the-other-brother-from-another-mother only to wish I'd have left him to be slowly devoured rather than suffer the frustration I just did.
     You know what I'm talking about. You address every thing they said/ could say/ might say/ will say in a well thought out thesis (great punctuation and everything; as people with the right answers always have correct punctuation!). But after a few droll interactions with what you suspect might indeed be a garden gnome, you become obsessed with winning this now; it's no longer about spreading salt and light. They are pissing you off and though your profile pic has you with a travel mug and a friendly smile, the current you is gritting his teeth and tearing through the house looking for that case of shotgun rounds.
It's useless I say! Don't get sucked in like I do folks. I'm learning that people have to want to hear the truth, which may come in the form of a question to you, not you responding to their cyber-flogging of someone that had good intentions of standing up for God's truth but just had too little arsenal to deal with the vultures!
Anyways, that's enough for this horrible hour...I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment